Microsoft IT Academy
Watch our cool video
ITA Enrollment Link
We are pleased to have the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy training program available in our library. This is a great program for the people of our community who want to improve their job skills or learn basic or advanced computer skills in general.
All of the online training included in the IT Academy program are free, and includes 250 courses and resources. Soon the courses will be offered in a dozen languages. All a person needs is to do is to come to the library and we will help them access these courses.
• IT Academy training provides participants with industry-leading technology skills to help bridge the skills gap for students and adults. The Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy offers technology courses on three levels – basic literacy skills, Microsoft Office skills and advanced skills for IT professionals.
• Participants can achieve certification following successful completion of a series of courses by testing at certification centers or they may choose to complete selected courses without certification. Certification is at the participant’s expense while the courses are available without cost.
• We are excited to be one of nearly 400 libraries that are partners in the Washington State Library Microsoft IT Academy. The winners will be people in our community who take advantage of this great training opportunity.
• This is a great collaboration between Richland Public Library, Microsoft, the State Library, Office of Secretary of State, and the state Legislature.
• We appreciate the assistance provided by Microsoft and the Washington State Library in helping our staff make these IT Academy online courses available.
• With this partnership, we have the ability to serve the people of Richland in an entirely new way by both enhancing learning and preparing individuals to move into 21st Century job opportunities. The Microsoft IT Academy provides a platform for people to learn technology skills for family-wage jobs.